Engineering language is expressed in drawing & drafting .Its a means of communicating with dimensions ,proportions , scale of machine or a building describing its details like the shape , size and section by a verbal or written language is very difficult henceforth Graphic language is used to express drawings .People who do these measured drawings are called as Draftsmen.Mechanical draftsman play a key role in the civil design industry .They do the 2d & 3d modeling of the buildings. They get well paid as a fresher and with experience.
Scope & Career
- Power plants .
- Petro Chemical Complex .
- Oil & gas need Piping Draftsman
- Off shore Industry .
- Refinery .
- Industrial plants .
- Energy sector .
- Chemical process .
- EPC industry .
- Consulting engineers .
- Pharmaceutical industry .
- Project & Construction .
- Cement and Fertilizer .
I. Mechanical draftsman Introduction :-
- Free hand sketching .
- Use of drawing instruments and materials .
- Drawing conventional lines according to isi code. Folding of sheets .
- Draw 1st & 3rd angle projection of points, lines, plain figures, solids & simple machine components
- 2d & 3d drafting.
II. Mechanical Drafting :Detailing
- Draw different types of sectional views and dimensioning their drawings
- Draw isometric oblique and perspective projection of simple objects
- Draw inter-penetration curves and developed simple objects
- Draw temp. Fasteners – screws threads, bolts, nuts, washers, locking devices
- Machine screws, cap screws, studs, set screws, foundation bolts, circlips, keys, cotters, and pins
- Draw types of rivets and riveted joints.
- Use of important pattern maker’s tools, making of simple patterns, use of molding tools and preparation of simple mould
- Use blacksmiths hand tool, forging of simple jobs
- Use fitter hand tools and measuring instruments
- Carry out simple operations on shaping, and milling machines
- Carry out simple operation on lathe
- Use of sheet metal work and tools, elementary knowledge of gas and gas welding.
- Elementary knowledge of electrician trade and to be able to identify the different parts of i.c. engine
- Prepare free hand sketches from exiting machine parts. Inking and colouring the drawing. Tracing a drawing on both tracing paper and cloth.
- Draw details & assembly drawings of machine parts like coupling bearing, pulleys etc
III. Mechanical Drafting : Working Drawings
- Prepare piping drawings, main line layout as done previously
- Prepare working drawings of different types of gears.
- Prepare details and assembly drawings of important machine parts and engine parts
- Draw working drawings of jigs, fixtures, gauges, press tools
- Draw welding drawings, use of welding symbols on drawings
- Draw foundations drawings for machinery
- Draw and sketch assembly drawing of bench drilling and slotting machines.
- To prepare working drawing of machine parts and components independently taking sketches from the shop floor
- Making working drawing of projects.
Familiarization with :
Is-696 (code of engg.drg.)
- Preparation of detailed drawings from assembly. Drawings of simple machine parts such as : tool post of shaping
IV. Mechanical draftsman software’s
- Auto cad.
V. Live projects for Mechanical draftsman (2 nos)=
- Mechanical drafting fixture for drilling hole.
- Mechanical drafting of milling fixture.
- Mechanical drafting of north light
- Mechanical drafting of Valve
Audience & Eligibility
- Diploma in Mechanical// Chemical// Production Engineering
- 10th pass / 8th